Friday, April 16, 2010

thinking architecture

I was reading Thinking Architecture by Peter Zumthor, and i found this very interesting
"The notion that our work is an integral part of what we accomplish takes us to the very limits of our musing about the value of a work of art, a work of Architecture. Are the effort and skill we put into them really inherent parts of the things we make?" I think it is applicable not in only in architecture but in many aspects of life. He mentions that sometimes when he is moved by a work of architecture it is the same as if he was moved by music, literature, or painting. I agree, and this worries me because I feel that my work is always lacking something, therefore my ideas are not expressed to its fullest potential, or at least it is not being communicated that way to others. I have felt this way for a while, but I'm glad Peter Zumthor put it in writing.
There are many things he talks about that are very intriguing, but i don't want to copy his hwole essay here, but I'm definitely more intrigued by his work, not only his building, but his thoughts. Hopefully more on Peter Zumthor later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your thoughts